Community Outreach for Long Islanders
As a not-for-profit, mission-based organization, Catholic Health is continuing the work of our women religious who founded hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and other Long Island agencies reaching back more than a century. We offer blood drives, free wellness seminars, support groups and other community health-related events and programs year-round.
To further help the medically underserved in Nassau and Suffolk counties, Catholic Health established its Healthy Sundays outreach network and Bishop McHugh Health Centers to deliver health screenings, education, vaccinations and other services to those without access to primary care.
“Living our mission means… passionately caring—for our patients, their loved ones, and each other. There’s a spirit at work here—we’re a community that reflexively exudes compassion and mercy. It inspires me every day!”
-Fr. Kevin Creagh, Catholic Health Senior Vice President, Mission Integration
Looking for a seasoned professional expert to address your organization? Turn to Catholic Health. Our experts cover various topics, bringing you current information for free in either an in-person or Zoom setting.
If you do not see something listed, please add your request in our request form topic section.
- Don’t Struggle with Acid Reflux
- Aging Gracefully: Stroke Prevention and Care
- Memories Matter: All about Alzheimer’s
- Early Detection: How to Beat Breast Cancer
- Thriving with Breast Cancer (You’re Not a Survivor; You’re a Thriver)
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Caregivers: Support Yourself
- Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Ways to Improve Carpal Tunnel
- Keep Your Children Healthy at Any Age
- Diabetes Tips & Tidbits
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Falls Prevention (Catch This Before You Fall)
- Food for Thought: Nutrition & Healthy Eating
- Genetic Counseling (prenatal, cancer)
- What are the Concepts of Grief & How to Cope
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Heart Health (Protect Your Heart)
- Hormone Health
- Keep Your Sight as you Age
- Lung Screening/Lung Cancer
- Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Medication Management
- Medicine & the Disability Population
- Men’s Health
- Bone Health Matters: Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment
- Pain, Pain, Go Away: All About Pain Management
- Prostate Cancer
- Pump it Up: Keeping Your Heart Healthy
- Safely Stay Active During the Winter
- Seasonal Depression/Winter Blues
- Sitting is the new smoking
- Supporting Children’s Mental Health
- The ABC’s of getting your ZZZ’s: All About Sleep
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care
Catholic Health offers assistance with an unexpected or crisis pregnancy.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Guide
Catholic Health Update
Watch our weekly videos for the latest happenings at Catholic Health.
Annual Report 2022
Catholic Health is unique, being the only faith-based health care system serving Long Island. We come to our work out of a true sense of mission, seeing every patient we care for in their totality—the body, mind and spirit. We are guided each day by our governing vision and values.